Sunday, December 15, 2013

Module 3 - assignment 4 - Creating a Google Doc form

It's that time of the year again, and Google Doc forms seems like a natural way to gather information on the Christmas Goodie exchange! I usually don't ask and just bring goodies for folks, but an exchange sounded like more fun. Of course there is an option for the non-bakers in the bunch so they can still make out like a bandit, but it's all in good fun. I love to bake, but don't always have time to make everything, so this will help me decide if I can get away with one or two treats this week, or if I will need to diversify my efforts for a more finicky crowd!


Christmas Goodie survey

I really like the Google forms options and versatility. I also appreciate the ability to edit as I forgot to check the "required" box on some of these, so I went back and corrected that. I feel it is a friendlier, less sterile way to collect information than a written sheet or a basic excel spreadsheet that users fill in. It is more approachable for fun topics like this one, and the ability to open it to the web as a whole makes it useful for other applications. The ability to choose a theme is also perfect for the time of year. I just hope at least one person agrees to exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment