Sunday, December 15, 2013

Module 3 - Assignment 6 - Flipped Classroom

The flipped classroom has been a powerful buzzword recently in our Professional development opportunities. The concept is great - students actively engaged in learning and being tasked with the responsibility to prepare for the classroom before they ever set foot in the door. The opportunities to expand education, cover topics more thoroughly, and expand our presentation format are all immensely appealing. The real question however is how will the students react? My early efforts at asking students to learn outside of the school walls have been largely unsuccessful. I hope that a more integrated and dedicated approach like a true flipped classroom will succeed where my scattered attempts have failed in the past.


I am dismayed, however, by the fact that Youtube is presently not supported by our high school so I will have to save videos for use or else use more accessible sites for video resources. I realize that this makes sense from a filtering standpoint, but it is complicating the construction a bit to have to save everything and upload it for use. I hope that this will only be a small hurdle in the path to a flipped classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment