Sunday, December 15, 2013

Module 4 - assignment 3 - Google Docs and Sharing

I have been using Google Docs for a while now, but I still find new things every time I work with the program. For example, I love the ability to share photo albums - something I didn't know about before. And the ability to comment on a document without editing it is a great way to get feedback on files without emailing it back and forth. That functionality alone makes it worthwhile. I plan on using Google Docs with my National Honor Society students to modify and amend our Constitution and our bylaws, and I have recently used Google Docs to create a scheduling template for my in-laws regarding help with watching the boys when I am working late, and a roster at school for remediation schedules.

For this assignment, I chose to post an assignment I gave to my AP Biology students that is worth half of their final exam grade. I originally just had this file available for them to download, which is fine, but this way they would be able to comment on any areas they are having trouble either understanding or researching. By having this as a public comment document, other students who are having the same problems would be able to see possible solutions, or they could relate how it connects to their own project. I didn't get this in place for this assignment this semester, but I believe this could be very useful next semester with projects like this, review outlines, etc. This might have spared me some heartburn from this assignment.


Here was their project: Organ System Assignment

This type of interaction would have saved me a lot of class time spent answering questions and providing specific feedback to students that I then had to repeat to other students with the exact same questions. That would have allowed for more instructional time in the final weeks of the semester. Oh well, better Doc next time...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment