Sunday, December 15, 2013

Module 4 - Assignment 4 - Dropbox


I like using Dropbox, but every so often find it a little confusing. It works very well for most applications, but I forget to share files or accidentally change the permissions and find myself having to go back and tweak my settings. It is so much easier to share the file with someone than sharing the link that I had to repeat this twice before I realized the link had been copied (it wouldn't show me the "get link" message that was mentioned in the tutorial). Dropbox is a great way to share entire folders of materials, including lesson plans and images that aren't presently being co-edited or used in a collaborative file. This is also a good way for students to submit project work, images they need printing, etc.


Natural Selection of Teddy Grahams

The only limitation with Dropbox is again the digital divide. My classroom has iPads instead of computers, so its difficult for students to load or create Microsoft files, and if they do it from home instead it screens out those students who don't have a computer with Microsoft. I believe I need to continue to look for alternative file types to use for students who don't have a computer any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment